Ambassador Code of Conduct
Here at Linearity, we want to breathe new life into design, and we have ambitious goals about how design tools should work.
We have been beyond lucky to have the support of our fantastic community and we intend to keep our community inspiring and welcoming, the way it always has been. For that, we need our biggest supporters to help us uphold these codes of conduct.
The Linearity Ambassador Code of Conduct outlines our expectations from you as a Linearity Ambassador, as well as unacceptable behavior and its consequences.
Welcome each member, be it newcomers, special guests, and friends the same way — with respect! Don't forget, a warm greeting and friendly tone of voice go a long way.
Encourage diversity and leave any bias at the door. A positive attitude is essential to counteract the many forms of inequality and abuses of power that exist in society. If someone seems uncomfortable, try starting a conversation to learn more about them. Lead with inclusivity in mind and enforce our Code of Conduct when necessary.
Creating a strong community with a sense of togetherness is achieved through frequent events or consistent communication with members. Maintaining a consistent schedule helps attendees to plan ahead and invite others.
Remember that the more active you are, the more active and engaging your community gets. Always be ready to answer their questions and show your support.
We all lead busy lives and we know things get in the way. A living and breathing community that gets together online or offline will greatly enhance the togetherness. Don’t be afraid to reach out for tips and tricks from our team or even your colleagues!
Don’t forget, we are all human beings that run on emotions. It’s essential for Linearity Ambassadors to be empathetic in order to maintain strong, organic relationships with their members. Most of all, empathy contributes to trust and feeling welcomed.
Eliminate assumptions and advocate the same way. If something is unclear, always ask, never assume. Keep in mind that your community members may not be native speakers.
Lastly, don’t be afraid to check in with your members. Assuming everything is going well is always a big mistake. Do go the extra mile and lend an ear when and where possible.
Being a leader also means being aware of any potential problems or situations that need flagging. We are always here to help and our team will be more than happy to assist you.
Always aim for a culture of sharing and encourage your members to raise a flag when they see something is not right.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all our Linearity Ambassadors:
- Being a Linearity Ambassador, means you are representing us. This includes the correct use of our brand guidelines, tone of voice and imagery as well as advocating for Linearity.
- We expect our Ambassadors to comply with our Slack Etiquette.
- We expect you to be the leader and voice of your community. The words you use and your actions will have an impact.
- You have to be dedicated to providing a welcoming experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Always show respect and encourage your members to treat each other with respect as well.
- Participate in an honest and friendly way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and sustainability of your community.
- Should there be a case of conflict, attempt and prevent it in a calm and collaborative way. Always feel free to reach out to us when you are in need.
- You need to be a good observer. Carefully watch your members and your surroundings at an event. If you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or anything that might be deemed a violation of our Code of Conduct, do intervene and also contact our team straight away.
- Remember that your event venues may be shared with other people so please be respectful when you are sharing a space with other public members.
- Always make sure the statements you make are statements you can stand behind. Keep in mind that any form of misinformation or misguidance regarding Linearity, its features, updates and such will be considered a code of conduct violation.
- Last but not least, communication is key. When in doubt, always ask but never assume and approach things in a constructive, problem-solving way.
Here is a list of behavior that won’t be tolerated and is considered a violation of our Code of Conduct.
We also have an anonymous code of conduct violation reporting form you can fill out.
- Any form of promotion of competitor content and competitor presence in your events or community.
- Any form of aggressive or offensive language towards Linearity employees or products.
- Any form of statements that might be deemed as provoking other members of the community to not use Linearity products.
- The use of any unlicensed Linearity product.
- Our swag can’t be sold, reproduced or traded. The swag sent to you is for you and the community's use only.
- Constant disruption of events, agenda and failure to carry out Code of Conduct.
- Any means of violence, personal threat, threats of violence or such language.
- Sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist or otherwise discriminatory jokes and language.
- Posting or showing content that can be deemed inappropriate (e.g. sexual, violent, discriminating).
- Personal insults of any kind. Any form of sexual harassment or attempts of sexual harassment.
- Deliberate intimidation, uncomfortable attention or following up. (online or offline).
- Advocating or encouraging any forms of behavior listed above.
If an Ambassador engages in unacceptable behavior or violates the Code of Conduct, the Community Team will take appropriate action, including (but not limited to) a temporary ban or permanent expulsion from the community.
We expect all Ambassadors, their community participants (contributors, paid or otherwise; sponsors; and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct in all community venues–online and in-person–and in all one-on-one communications about Linearity Community business.
This code of conduct and its related procedures also apply to unacceptable behavior outside the scope of community activities when such behavior can adversely affect the safety and well-being of community members.
These guiding principles will help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone in the Linearity Community. Thank you!